Building Leaders to Better Serve Christ
The Salvation Army Boys & Girls Clubs Council & Staff Developmental plan provides Salvation Army leaders the opportunity to be fully equipped with distinctive gifts and skills for missional leadership in their local Corps and Boys & Girls Club.
Jesus commanded in Matthew 28:18-20: Then Jesus came to them and said, ďAll authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.Ē Therefore, as Christian Leaders we are to GO, MAKE DISCIPLES and TEACH them to obey Jesusí commands.
The Salvation Army Boys & Girls Clubs Council & Staff Development Plan will serve to train, grow and equip leaders through lessons that focus on the development of the following key dimensions of a leaderís life:
1. Spiritual Formation ~ Building the leader on the inside (Matthew 7:24-25)
2. Skill Formation and Application ~ The practical doing part of leadership (Psalms 78:70-72)
3. Strategic Formation and Implementation ~ Compound, or multiplying, results in ministry (Mark 1:16-17)
CORPS OFFICER, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, & CLUB STAFF RESOURCES
Resources are just one CLICK away.
STAFF DEVELOPMENT BY JOB CLASSIFICATION
Click on your Job Classification and see your personal Staff Development Plan:
Executive Professional: Click Here
Management Professional: Click Here
Youth Development Professional: Click Here
Seasonal Professional: Click Here (Under Construction)
Council & Staff Distance Learning Opportunities:
Click on the links below to begin your Distance Learning Experience with The Salvation Army.
1. Introduction to The Salvation Army: Click Here
Introduction to The Salvation Army Questionnaire. Print and meet with your supervisor: Click Here
2. Introduction to The Salvation Army and Boys & Girls Clubs of America Partnership: Click Here
Introduction to The Salvation Army and Boys & Girls Clubs of America Partnership Questionnaire. Print and meet with your supervisor: Click Here
The 1938 Salvation Army Southern Territory Agreement with Boys Clubs of America, now know as the National Agreement: Click Here
3. Introduction to The Salvation Army Cross Link Program: Click Here
Introduction to The Salvation Army Cross Link Program Questionnaire. Print and meet with your supervisor: Click Here
4. TSAMM (The Salvation Army Mission Management)
TSAMM is a system that tracks and manages DFB agenda items such as requisitions, contracts, and agreements. Click Here
(This training was done by Florida, but the information still applies)
5. Introduction to the Area Council.
North Carolina Area Council: Click Here
South Carolina Area Council: Click Here
6. BGCA Leadership University Register for Spillett University: Click Here